Saturday, July 18, 2015
Bubble Rice Brownie
110g unsalted butter
260g cooking chocolate (break into pieces)
1tbsp cocoa powder
1tbsp instant coffee powder
70g brown sugar
1/2tsp vanilla paste
80g plain flour
1/4tsp baking powder
50g bubble rice/puffed rice
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
3. Melt butter and chocolate in a big bowl over simmering water.
4. Remove from heat stir in instant coffee powder, cocoa powder and sugar until dissolved.
5. Allow chocolate batter to cool slightly.
6. With a hand whisk, beat in eggs and vanilla paste.
7. Stir in flour mixture and half portion of bubble rice into chocolate batter till combined.
8. Pour chocolate batter into a lined and greased 7inches square tin.
9. Scatter balance bubble rice on it surface.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 30mins.
11.Allow brownies to cool in tin for 5mins then remove and cool it on wire rack.