Monday, July 28, 2014
Pandan Hot Cross Cake
3 egg yolk
25g veg. oil
50g coconut milk
1/4tsp pandan paste
60g cake flour
2 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. With a hand whisk mix coconut milk and oil together in a big bowl.
3. Sift flour and mix into milk mixture till combined.
4. Add in egg yolk and mix till combined.
5. In a clean bowl whisk egg whites till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till medium peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter until combined.
8. Pour the cake batter into meringue and fold till blended.
9. Pour batter into a 6inches loose base round pan, lined base with grease proof paper.
10.Put into preheated oven and bake for 15mins till a layer of crust form on it surface or surface is slightly browned.
11.Remove cake pan from oven and with a sharp knife cut a cross on cake surface.
12.Return pan into oven and lower the temperature to 165C.
13.Bake for another 12-15mins till cook though.
14.Remove cake pan from oven, invert pan and leave it to cool.