Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Crispy Seaweed Pork Floss Square
3 egg yolks
35g veg. oil
65g cake flour
1tbsp corn flour
3 egg whites
1/4tsp cream of tartar
adequate amount of crispy seaweed pork floss
1. Preheat oven at 175C.
2. Use a hand whisk and mix (A) together.
3. Sift (B) and mix into mixture (A).
4. Stir till well combined and set aside.
5. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into egg yolk batter till combined.
8. Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
9. Pour batter into a lined and greased 10inches square tray.
10.Smooth batter surface and scatter a generous amount of crispy seaweed pork floss over it.
11.Use the back of a spoon and lightly press floss onto batter.
12.Put tray in the oven and bake for 18mins.
13.Remove cake from pan and carefully invert it onto a greaseproof paper.
14.Slowly peel off greaseproof paper, invert cake onto a cooling rack and set aside to cool.
15.Slice into serving size and serve.