Thursday, March 21, 2013
White Coffee Cake
110g unsalted butter (soften)
70g demerara sugar
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2tbsp 3-in-1 instant white coffee mix
75g whipping cream
80g self-raising flour
65g plain flour
adequate chocolate rice
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Line base of a loaf pan with greaseproof paper and set aside.
3. Sift self-raising flour and plain flour together into cake mixer bowl.
4. Add in sugar, salt, white coffee mix, soften butter, eggs and whipping cream.
5. Beat the mixture at low speed until well blended.
6. Switch to medium speed and continue to beat till smooth, about 3mins.
7. Lastly, fold in chocolate rice.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan and scatter chocolate rice on the surface.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 40mins.
10.Remove pan from oven and leave it to cool on a wire rack for 10mins.
11.Remove cake from pan and cool it on a wire rack.