I love this pound cake, it not too oily and dense. I agreed with Zoe that this pound cake give a nicely balanced with texture and taste too. I reduced the recipe as I left a small amount of sour cream just enough for 2 eggs portion.
Recipe source from 'Bake For Happy Kids'-Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake (Paula Deen).
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen).
75g unsalted butter
75g sour cream
140g caster sugar
1/4tsp vanilla paste
100g cake flour
20g cocoa powder
1/2tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 165C.
2. Well grease bandt pan and set it aside.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder together, set it aside.
4. Cream butter, sour cream and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Slowly beat in egg and vanilla paste until well combined.
6. Fold in flour mixture until well combined.
7. Pour batter into pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
9. Leave cake to cool in pan for 5mins then remove and cool on a wire rack.