Thursday, March 8, 2012
35g caster sugar
3 egg yolk
1/2tsp vanilla paste
1/8tsp almond essence(optional)
50g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/8tsp baking soda
60g semolina flour
15g ground almond
15g diced almond
2 egg white
40g caster sugar
adequate almond flakes
1. Mix semolina flour ground almond and diced almond together, set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together, set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in egg yolk, vanilla essence and almond essence until well combined.
5. Fold in flour and milk till combined.
6. Lastly, fold in semolina and almond mixture.
7. Cover and set aside to rest for 30mins.
8. Preheat oven to 175C.
9. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites till frothy.
10.Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks.
11.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into butter mixture until combined.
12.Then fold in the rest of the meringue in 2 portions until well combined.
13.Pour batter into a lined and greased oval pan.
14.Scatter almond flakes on the surface.
15.Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35mins.
16.Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.