Monday, December 1, 2008

Instant Read Thermometer



Some call it Candy Thermometer. I used this to monitor on the temperature when cooking Water Roux for bread or sugar syrup for French/Italian Meringue or melting sugar in egg white for Swiss Meringue. For example; when boiling sugar syrup, if the temperature is too high the syrup will crystallize. If too low when syrup is pour into the meringue it will turn watery as a result I will waste all my time, effort and ingredients used. I am not a professional baker, with this it really help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Happy Flour,

I love your blog much, I learn many kinds of food here. Thanks for your sharing

Could you pls let me know where could I get "Instant Read Thermometer" in Singapore? I will ask my friend buy it for me.
Thanks in advance
PoSing

Happy Flour said...

Hi anonymous,

You can buy this from Phoon Huat, Sun Lik or any bakeware store.