Sunday, March 12, 2017
4 egg yolk
3tbsp veg. oil
75g whipping cream
1/2tsp vanilla paste
85g cake flour
4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
100g Oreo cookies (removed cream and crushed)
1. Preheat oven to 165C.
2. Sift flour and set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk, sugar and salt together.
4. Add in oil, whipping cream and vanilla paste whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until combined.
10.Lastly, fold in crushed cookies into chiffon batter.
11.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan, smooth surface and tap pan on tabletop to burst the air bubbles.
12.Place pan into a preheated oven and bake for 40-45mins.
13.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table top and leave it cool.
14.Remove cake from pan and enjoy.