Sunday, July 19, 2015
Slight cracks on the surface as it was due to my oven was too hot. It started to crack when cake was baking in the oven for the first 20mins so I quickly lower it temperature to minimize the cracks.
Recipe source from Nasi Lemak Lover blog-Pandan Coconut Ogura Chiffon Cake 班兰椰奶相思戚风蛋糕.
Saturday, July 18, 2015
110g unsalted butter
260g cooking chocolate (break into pieces)
1tbsp cocoa powder
1tbsp instant coffee powder
70g brown sugar
1/2tsp vanilla paste
80g plain flour
1/4tsp baking powder
50g bubble rice/puffed rice
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
3. Melt butter and chocolate in a big bowl over simmering water.
4. Remove from heat stir in instant coffee powder, cocoa powder and sugar until dissolved.
5. Allow chocolate batter to cool slightly.
6. With a hand whisk, beat in eggs and vanilla paste.
7. Stir in flour mixture and half portion of bubble rice into chocolate batter till combined.
8. Pour chocolate batter into a lined and greased 7inches square tin.
9. Scatter balance bubble rice on it surface.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 30mins.
11.Allow brownies to cool in tin for 5mins then remove and cool it on wire rack.