Friday, February 19, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Recipe from 'Famous Cuisine' magazine cum cookbook.
3 egg yolk
125g caster sugar
150ml thick coconut milk
400g fried tapioca flour
pandan essence (add according to your own prefer)
few drops of green food colouring
Fried tapioca flour:
1. Heat up a wok.
2. Fry 1 packet (500g) of tapioca flour with few pieces of clean pandan leaves over low heat unitl fluffy (at least half an hour).
3. Dish out, dicard the pandan leaves and set aside to cool.
4. Keep it in an airtight container. (Prepare the flour two to three days ahead.)
1. Whisk egg yolk and sugar in a cake mixer until light and fluffy (pale yellow).
2. Add in the coconut milk slowly and whisk until well combined.
3. Add in the essence and colouring and mix well.
4. Sift the fried tapioca flour in a big mixing bowl.
5. Make a well in the centre and add in the coconut milk mixture slowly and mix until resemble crumbs.
6. Cover with a wet kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
7. Dust the mould with some fried tapioca flour.
8. Fill the mould with dough and press firmly.
9. Knock out the cookies and arrange it on a lined baking tray.
10.Baked in a preheated oven 170C for 15-18mins.
11.Cool it on a wire rack and store in an airtight containers.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
70g icing sugar
150g plain flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1tbsp green pea flour/hoen kwe flour
1 1/2tbsp corn flour
1 1/2tbsp tapioca flour
1 1/2tbsp coconut powder
25g desiccated coconut
few drop of green food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in few drops of green food colouring.
4. Sift flour, green pea flour, corn flour, tapioca flour, coconut powder and baking powder together.
5. Beat in flour mixture and desiccated coconut into the creamed butter to form a soft dough.
6. Wrap up the dough and rest in the fridge for 15mins.
7. Roll it out on a lightly floured surface.
8. Dust the cookie cutter with some flour and cut out cookies dough.
9. Place cookies dough on a baking tray.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20mins until cookies are pale green.
11.Cool on wire rack and keep in an airtight containers.